Master Tor

M6? M7? Master Tor - M9 ? Toisa Sentinel - M10 ? Professor Ryabinkin - M? ?
marky9074
Site Admin
Site Admin

As I am on it at the moment I can shed a little more light (I think)... :idea:

Apparantly it was a joint venture with PGS in 1992, and went into dry dock to have pinger poles installed (at Horizons request?). Then there was a streamer fire on board after welding/burning above the reels (the streamers were still on them.....)

Ship is still a bit warped now. But is in excellent shape considering her age. Far swisher than M8 or M16....
Attachments
Bilde 033.jpg
Bilde 033.jpg (32.71 KiB) Viewed 14923 times
Last edited by marky9074 on Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gefgef

Hmmm, not quite right.
At the time of the Bremerhaven bonfire, the owner of the Master Tor is not known but it was being operated by Master Seismic A/S. The extent of Horizon's overall involvement is not clear as management do not always divulge their true interests, but the installation of a gun controller was certainly on the agenda. The streamer certainly was onboard - and hence the later extended litigation. Why the night-shift welders and the fire-watch should simultaneously go for a tea-break at 22:00 was never really made clear. This was in 1992.
PGS acquired the burnt out shell although it is not known if this refers only to the vessel or whether it refers to the (by that time) ailing parent company, Master Seismic.

Regards,
GEF
Last edited by gefgef on Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marky9074
Site Admin
Site Admin

gefgef wrote:Hmmm, not quite right.
At the time of the Bremerhaven bonfire, the owner of the Master Tor is not known but it was being operated by Master Seismic A/S. The extent of Horizon's overall involvement is not clear as management do not always divulge their true interests, but the installation of a gun controller was certainly on the agenda. The streamer certainly was onboard - and hence the later extended litigation. Why the night-shift welders and the fire-watch should simultaneously go for a tea-break at 22:00 was never really made clear. This was in 1992.
PGS acquired the burnt out shell although it is not known if this refers only to the vessel or whether it refers to the (by that time) ailing parent company, Master Seismic.

Regards,
GEF
Ahhh, yep the guy I talked to actually worked for Master not PGS (though he does now), so it was with them....