30years ago today

Rolled like a pig, why did everyone like her?

Moderators: dextron16, Robin Shepherd

Steve Douglas
Noob
Noob

Hi to anyone who may be reading this. I joined Horizon Exploration exactly 30 years ago today on 08/08/1988. A memorable date in many respects! I did a 2 years on the land crew, both for coal board and then in Italy. When the news came of the land crews being shut down(we were in Italy at the time supposedly awaiting news of a new contract). Anyway, I was then transferred to the marine dept and ended up on the Pacific Horizon in the North Sea. So, anyone out there who was on it same time? Cheers, Steve
ploppy
Noob
Noob

Steve D I just stumbled upon your post by accident. I was there man, how could I forget those happy carefree moments on the back deck tripping over streamer sections and slipping up on kerosene like a scene from "Its a Knockout". Salad days....

Ploppy the Processor.
Steve Douglas
Noob
Noob

Ha! Nice one, good to hear someone still out there. Yes, the pleasure in working 12hours on back deck nightshift only to be berated by the demented twat Frank Fox. I went to PGS after Horizon and worked my way up the greasy pole to PC. Now still in oil industry working at the Valero refinery in Pembroke.